The Duelists are for those that like seeing their enemies melt in seconds after their team is buffed up. They start slow, but with 8 stacks of bonus attack speed they’re absolutely one of the strongest team comps out there for patch 10.19. Though, such power does come at a cost. Duelist builds are highly countered by teams that can kill them before they reach their synergy bonuses. In this Teamfight Tactics Duelist Build Guide we’ll showcase the most popular TFT Duelist team comp and how to play it throughout early, mid and late game as well as how to gear and position your units.
OTHER POPULAR BUILDS
Duelist Synergy Bonus
Innate: Duelists move faster. Duelist’s attacks grant Attack Speed, up to 8 stacks.
2 → 12% Attack Speed per stack
4 → 20% Attack Speed per stack
6 → 35% Attack Speed per stack
8 → 60% Attack Speed per stack
Best Duelist Team Comp
- Fiora enters a defensive stance for 1.5 seconds, becoming immune to damage and enemy spell effects. As she exits this stance, she ripostes, dealing magic damage to a nearby enemy and stunning them for a few seconds.
- Yasuo strikes forward two hexes, dealing a percent of his Attack Damage as physical damage and applying on-hit effects.
- Jax dodges all incoming attacks for 2 seconds, then strikes all nearby units, dealing magic damage and stunning them for 1.5 seconds.
- Passive: Kalista’s spears remain in her target, each one capable of dealing a percent of the target’s max health in true damage when she removes them. Kalista will remove the spears when doing so would kill the target.
- Janna shields the lowest health allies for 4 seconds. Shielded allies gain Attack Damage for the duration.
- Shen dashes past his target, shielding himself against damage and taunting all adjacent enemies for 4 seconds.
- Lee Sin
- Lee Sin punches his target, dealing magic damage, knocking them back to the edge of the battlefield, and stunning them for a few seconds. Any enemies the target collides with during the knockback are also dealt half the damage and stunned for a few seconds. If the target is already on the edge of the battlefield, they are removed from combat instead.
- Yone strikes along a path in front of him, dealing magic damage split between all enemies hit and knocking them up for 1.5 seconds. Enemies hit are marked for death, reducing their Armor and Magic Resist by 60%. Yone’s spell is then replaced with Unforgotten until there are no remaining enemies marked for death. Unforgotten (20 mana): Yone dashes to the lowest health enemy that is marked for death, killing them instantly.
Duelist Team Comp Guide
Duelists have an incredibly strong early game because early rounds are all about those slow basic attacks that don’t deal much damage. Since fights last longer, your units are able to stack the attack speed buff from their synergy and annihilate their opponents in the middle of a round. Fiora, Jax, Yasuo and Kalista are the core units of this build, and these 4 champions will keep you on a win streak without doubt.
During middle game you will have two options, depending on your luck. You can either go for (6) Duelists (with Xin Zhao + a Chosen Duelist) or get Janna and Shen to compliment your team nicely and prepare you for the late game. Do note that you’ll need to find a Chosen Duelist for late game either way, so the Xin Zhao option may be the more accessible one.
When you reach late game your team will be a bit weaker than others and that’s why you have to make the push to level 8 and finish the Duelist team comp by adding Lee Sin and Yone. These two are going to complete the team & add a lot of useful synergies that benefit everyone.
Yasuo — Guardian Angel, Hand of Justice, Infinity Edge.
Kalista — Guinsoo’s Rageblade, Runaan’s Hurricane, Giant Slayer.
Jax — Sunfire Cape, Ionic Spark.
Yasuo is positioned in t6he left side corner because we do not want him to be attacked by a lot of champions. Because of this, Shen is close to him so that he can taunt the enemies to protect him and his allies. Fiora and Lee Sin are in the middle, with Jax protecting the right side carries — Yone and Kalista. Along with those, Janna is also in the backline to support her allies.