Best Elderwood Build Teamfight Tactics
The Elderwood units are fun to play because they scale during rounds, getting more and more power to melt their opponents. Overall, Elderwoods are an ncredibly easy and consistent A tier build. In this Teamfight Tactics Elderwood Build Guide we'll showcase the most popular TFT Elderwood team comp and how to play it throughout early, mid and late game as well as how to gear and position your units.
OTHER POPULAR BUILDS
Elderwood Synergy Bonus
Every two seconds all Elderwood champions grow, gaining bonus stats. This effect stacks up to five times.
3 → 15 Armor and MR, 5 AD and SP.
6 → 25 Armor and MR, 5 AD and SP.
9 → 40 Armor and MR, 5 AD and SP.
Best Elderwood Team Comp
- Maokai smashes enemies infront of him, dealing magic damage and slowing their Attack Speed by 50% for 3 seconds.
- Lux fires a sphere of darkness towards the farthest enemy. Enemies in its path take magic damage and are stunned for a few seconds.
- Willump bites his target, dealing magic damage. If Willump's target has less Health than him before the bite, it deals an additional 50% damage and deals true damage instead.
- Veigar blasts the lowest health enemy with a burst of energy, dealing magic damage. If this kills the target, Veigar permanently gains spell power.
- Ashe gains Attack Speed for 5 seconds, and her Basic Attacks fire a flurry of arrows dealing physical damage.
- Warwick gains Attack Speed, Lifesteal, and moves faster for the rest of combat. While in this state, if Warwick scores a takedown he howls, fearing all adjacent enemies for a few seconds.
- Ezreal fires a barrage toward the enemy with the highest Attack Speed, healing allies it passes through and granting them and 50% attack speed for 5 seconds, while dealing magic damage to enemies and slowing their Attack Speed by 50% for 5 seconds.
- Sett grabs his target and slams them forward, dealing a percent of his target's maximum health in magic damage to all enemies in a large area. Enemies further from the epicenter take less damage.
Elderwood Team Comp Guide
Luckily, Elderwoods are accessible early on so your main goal should be to run Maokai, Hecarim, Nunu and Veigar as the core of this build. Work on the economy and keep up a good amount of gold banked because you'll have to roll for two high tier units later, along with replacing Hecarim.
Elderwoods can be ridiculously strong middle game if you manage to get the six Elderwood buff (either by finding Ashe and Ezreal or by getting a Chosen Elderwood unit instead of Ezreal). Doing so, and also gearing up the Nunu & Veigar which are the main carries of this team is crucial because it will allow you to snowball a win.
Elderwoods tend to fall off during late game unless you've gotten both Ezreal and Sett, which requires a lot of luck. Level 8 is enough to make this work but hunting for 2 five star units and also leveling to 8 will require A LOT of Gold so be prepared.
Nunu -- Gargoyle Stoneplate, Hextech Gunblade and Warmog's Armor.
Veigar -- Blue Buff, Hextech Gunblade and Jeweled Gauntlet.
Maokai, Nunu and Warwick are the main front-line for the Elderwood build, with Sett in the one tile behind Warwick. Ashe, Ezreal, Veigar and Lux are spread around in the back-line so that they do not die from AoE damage.