Keepers offer an interesting playstyle which revolves around tight positioning in order to give huge amounts of Shield to themselves and the whole team. They’re fun to play but don’t really work versus top-tier team comps because most enemies have AoE damage which will annihilate this team. In this Teamfight Tactics Keeper Build Guide we’ll showcase the most popular TFT Keeper team comp and how to play it throughout early, mid and late game as well as how to gear and position your units.
OTHER POPULAR BUILDS
Keeper Synergy Bonus
At the start of combat, Keepers grant themselves and all nearby allies a shield for 8 seconds. This shield is 50% stronger on Keepers.
2 → 175 Shield
4 → 250 Shield
6 → 325 Shield
Best Keeper Team Comp
- Nidalee throws her Javelin at the furthest enemy, dealing magic damage plus 25% per hex traveled.
- Elise transforms into a spider, gaining bonus maximum health and causing her attacks to restore health.
- Jarvan IV
- Jarvan strikes the furthest target within 3 hexes with his spear and pulls himself towards them, dealing magic damage to units he passes through and knocking them up and stunning them for 2 seconds.
- Yuumi dashes next to a low health ally, healing them for a percent of their missing health and granting them attack speed for 5 seconds. She then repeats this for the furthest ally.
- Kennen summons a storm around him, dealing magic damage over 3 seconds and stunning enemies inside of it for 1.5 seconds.
- Passive: Jhin converts each 1% of bonus attack speed he has into 0.8 attack damage. Every fourth shot, Jhin deals bonus damage.
- Azir charges forward with a wall of soldiers, knocking back enemies hit and dealing magic damage. After their charge, the wall of soldiers remains in place in front of Azir for 3 seconds as impassable terrain. Any spearmen from the General trait will accompany Azir for the charge and position themselves to protect him afterwards.
- Zilean places a protective time rune on the allies with the lowest health other than himself. When they would die, they instead resurrect after a few seconds, returning to combat and shedding all negative effects. If Zilean is still alive when the target finishes resurrecting, the Time Rune is not consumed.
Keeper Team Comp Guide
Keepers have a very strong and safe early game because most of their units are very powerful. Nidalee and Kennen will be the main carries with Elise and Jarvan IV peeling for them. Since you’ll want to fast roll with this team, make sure to work on your economy from the start and work your way towards late-game with enough health to survive.
With Nidalee, Kennen, Elise and Jarvan as the building blocks of this build, in mid game we’ll also want to add Yuumi and Jhin to the team. Though, these two don’t make a huge difference and you’ll feel underpowered at this point in the game simply because this whole team comp relies on two five star units — Azir and Zilean. Keep leveling up and spending all Gold above 50 so that you’re ahead of everyone else in terms of xp.
Provided you have leveled to 8, fast roll for Azir and Zilean to grab them before everyone else does. These two are incredibly popular, S tier units that always get picked up so having them before everyone else will put you at a huge advantage during the later stages of a game. Upgrading your units and getting the proper items with good positioning will put you in top 3 in most cases.
Kennen — Ionic Spark, Morellonomicon, Guardian Angel.
Jhin — Giant Slayer, Runaan’s Hurricane, Guardian Angel.
Positioning this team is rather easy because all you have to do is place Keepers close enough so that they shield everyone around them. Kennen is in the front-line so that he can use his ultimate quickly, with Elise and Jarvan IV in the row behind him. Two sand soldiers protect the right side flank, with Yuumi next to them. Zilean and Azir are the most protected units here and you can swap these two depending on if you want Azir to shield others or not. Lastly, Jhin and Nidalee are in the back-line to dish out damage from far away.