Best Warlord Build Teamfight Tactics
Warlord team comps are excellent for players who enjoy winning. Why? Because every round your Warlords win they're going to get extra Health and Spell Power, essentially allowing you to snowball into victories. In this Teamfight Tactics Warlord Build Guide we'll showcase the most popular TFT Warlord team comp and how to play it throughout early, mid and late game as well as how to gear and position your units.
OTHER POPULAR BUILDS
Warlord Synergy Bonus
Warlords have bonus Health and Spell Power. Each victorious combat they've participated in increases this bonus by 10%, stacking up to 5 times.
3 → 200 HP & 20 SP
6 → 450 HP & 40 SP
9 → 700 HP & 70 SP
Best Warlord Team Comp
- Garen spins his sword for 4 seconds, reducing incoming magic damage by 50% and dealing magic damage to nearby enemies over the duration.
- Nidalee throws her Javelin at the furthest enemy, dealing magic damage plus 25% per hex traveled.
- Jarvan IV
- Jarvan strikes the furthest target within 3 hexes with his spear and pulls himself towards them, dealing magic damage to units he passes through and knocking them up and stunning them for 2 seconds.
- Jinx's next attack fires a rocket, stunning her target for 1.5 seconds and dealing magic damage to her target and all adjacent enemies.
- Katarina channels for 2.5 seconds, throwing knives at nearby enemies, dealing magic damage over the duration and reducing healing by 50% to her targets for 3 seconds.
- Xin Zhao
- Xin Zhao sweeps around him, dealing a percent of his Attack Damage and Challenging enemies hit for 6 seconds. While an enemy is Challenged, Xin Zhao deals increased Basic Attack damage to them, and takes 50% reduced damage from all other sources.
- Sejuani sets off a giant firecracker. After a short delay, enemies caught within are dealt magic damage and stunned for a few seconds.
- Azir charges forward with a wall of soldiers, knocking back enemies hit and dealing magic damage. After their charge, the wall of soldiers remains in place in front of Azir for 3 seconds as impassable terrain. Any spearmen from the General trait will accompany Azir for the charge and position themselves to protect him afterwards.
Warlord Team Comp Guide
Warlords can be ran from the beginning of the game since you have access to Garen, Nidalee and Jarvan IV which are 1 and 2 Gold units. This type of team will do fine in early game and you can add Katarina as the fourth unit, just because she's the main hyper-carry of this team. Adding items to Katarina early on will make her incredibly powerful so make sure to always do that.
It's best to slow roll during middle game (which means rolling all extra Gold and staying on 10/20/30/40/50 Gold) in order to upgrade Jinx, Katarina and Xin Zhao. If you can get a Chosen Warlord this team is going to be ultra strong in mid game as you can essentially run the six Warlord bonus then, without rushing for Azir and gambling your game away.
If you haven't gotten a Chosen Warlord then you'll have to level up and aggressively roll for an Azir in late game because this team comp doesn't work out well without six Warlords. Most other team comps will be a lot stronger at this point in the game unless you have the necessary champions. Adding Jinx and Sejuani into the team will give you Vanguard, Sharpshooter and Fortune buffs which are always of great use.
Jinx -- Thief's Glove.
Xin Zhao -- Gargoyle Stoneplate, Bramble Vest, Ionic Spark.
Katarina -- Guardian Angel, Hextech Gunblade, Quicksilver.
Garen, Xin Zhao, Jarvan IV and Sejuani defend are the main frontline of this team, with the second row being empty. The third tile set is for Katarina and the two Sand Soldiers that you'll get from Azir (these units are great for blocking enemies). Lastly, the backline is the place for Jinx, Azir and Nidalee where they can dish out damage from a safe distance.