Murderous Pursuits is a kill-or-be-killed Victorian stealth-em-up multiplayer based game for 1-8 players in which you must hunt and kill your enemy before your hunters do the same to you, all while avoiding witnesses. Murderous Pursuits was developed by Blazing Griffin and has recently been getting a lot of traction since it is currently free to download and keep forever. The game is very fun but also quite complicated, therefore we have written this Murderous Pursuits Guide to help you learn the game more quickly and become a better hunter.
Table of contents
Murderous Pursuits Basic Information
The goal of Murderous Pursuits is to obtain more favour points than your enemies. There are quite a number of ways to get favour points which you can see below.
- Killing your quarry (enemy) grants you Murderous Pursuits favour points. The score of every kill depends on your exposure bonus and a weapon favour table. You can get additional points for: killing in streaks, killing a vignette, killing with an ability and killing an exposed quarry.
- Finding and stunning your hunters also grants you favour points, it also helps you because they lose you as a target and you don’t have to worry about them anymore.
- Humiliate skill will also give you some favour points. In case you picked this skill at the beginning of the round you will be able to use it after you kill someone. When humiliate ability is used, you will dance on the corpse of your victim which makes you easily identifiable and also uses up your exposure bonus but you gain favour so it’s a nice trade off if you’re sure nobody is around. This specifically means your hunter and your quarry will be able to see that you’re a real player.
Murderous Pursuits Tools
We briefly covered all of the Tools in this Murderous Pursuits guide as well as noted some of the best strategies and ways to use them to your advantage.
There are only two but very specific indicators that are important to learn about in order for you to find out who’s the quarry (target) and who’s the guy that’s hunting you down:
- Quarry tracker: this tracker shows you the direction of your target and how close you are to them. If you’re close and have a direct line of sight then it’s a full green bar and the Quarry tracker device says “Quarry is near”.
- Hunter Indicator: this indicator is situated below the quarry tracker and shows you if your hunter is close enough to you that they receive the “Quarry is near” message in their Quarry tracker device.
The exposure gauge is also a very useful indicator because it tells you when it’s the perfect time for a kill. In case it says 5 you will get the most out of the next kill but If it’s 1, go to the next hiding spot. If the exposure gauge is red with a wide opened eye that means your quarry sees a symbol above you which indicates that you’re their hunter and your hunter will see a quarry symbol above your head to show them you’re their target and do note that both will see these through the walls and floors!
You can also find out who your quarry and hunter are by using the reveal ability (more about it later). It has a specific range and cooldown which is specified in the abilities section of our Murderous Pursuits guide. This ability reveals people, such as Quarries and Hunters once activated. It has a few indicators: grey symbol for irrelevant people (NPCs or non hunter/quarry players), red symbol (hunters) and green symbol (quarries). These indicators will be shown only for a couple of seconds so make sure to react quickly if you find what you’re looking for.
Best way to use the Murderous Pursuits Tools
If you’re finding your way through our Murderous Pursuits guide and still wondering how to use your tools most efficiently you’ve come to the right place!
Quarry Tracker Tool
When you are using your Murderous Pursuits Quarry Tracker Trool, whenever there’s a green bar it will get wider the closer you are to your quarry and if you get really close with direct line of sight it will become a full bar and as we mentioned earlier, “Quarry is near” appears. If you ever think you see your target, you can quickly test this by breaking your line of sight with the enemy and if the “Quarry is near” message goes away then you’ve found them.
Now try to approach them like you’re an NPC on your way to the next social gathering so they get surprised and not run away. This specifically means that you shouldn’t sprint, grab a weapon or do anything else, just walk slowly and in a straight line just like a NPC would (so the Quarry doesn’t suspect you’re a real player).
Hunter Indicator Tool
By now from reading our very detailed Murderous Pursuits guide you probably realize that those three things are also excellent indicators that this is actually an active player who might be your hunter and not an innocent NPC as well…
In case you see the hunter indicator light up (from gray to white) then I’m afraid your hunter is near and you need to take extra precautions. The best thing to do is to check who entered your room and who is near, if it’s just one person then obviously it’s your hunter. If more people are in the room, break line of sight with each of them one by one in order to test who the hunter is (you’ll also see the white indicator go back to gray).
If you have a bunch of people walking towards you and you don’t want to attack the wrong one then use your passive stun stance and hope that they attack in the next couple of seconds.
In case you are alone with a character in a specific room or a hallway then it doesn’t matter if your exposure bonus is 5 or 1 because you don’t have a choice, either you kill them or they kill you. Your hunter can also attack them, and if he does they lose you as a quarry and get stunned. Whenever you are afraid a hunter is onto you, run in a direction where you wont be too close to anyone, ideally head for a busy room and switch your disguise (this is an ability) if you can. You can then pay attention to who’s following you in order to see who the hunter is!
Murderous Pursuits Character Abilities
In this Murderous Pursuits guide section we cover all of the player’s active skills.
The actual counter duration lasts 3 seconds.
Cooldown – 60 seconds
Places you under disguise for 30 seconds.
Cooldown – 45 seconds
Stun other players and NPCs for 3 seconds.
Cooldown – 90 seconds
Valid targets will be revealed for 5 seconds, invalid targets for just 0.75 seconds.
Cooldown – 75 seconds
Murderous Pursuit Exposure
This is our Murderous Pursuits guide information about how fast your Exposure goes down!
Recovering your exposure from 0 to 100 takes ~10 seconds.
While you’re standing still, it takes ~40 seconds to be exposed.
Continuously walking exposes you within ~50 seconds. This means that when you don’t want to get exposed, you should keep walking instead of standing still.
Continuously fast-walking exposes you within ~26 seconds.
Sprinting exposed you within ~10 seconds so use it carefully!
Tips and Tricks for surviving in Murderous Pursuits
- If you know who your hunter is make sure to stun him so he loses you as a target. This means if you stun every hunter that’s onto you, you don’t have to be afraid of everyone and can move more freely around the premises until you get a new hunter.
- Never enter a room alone. If your hunters can’t make out which one of the entering crowd triggered the alarm (aka you), your chances are better of killing them or misleading them into attacking someone else.
- Never be in a room alone. If you’re alone in a room then obviously when a hunter finds you he will be 100% sure you’re his target and then there’s no escape.
- Always act as a NPC, this game is really unique and the mechanics are rather complex. Please remember that NPCs never get killed or stunned.
- Always keep an eye on your exposure gauge, if it’s down to two, head for safety. You don’t want to get exposed and be caught by your hunter or quarry with a symbol hovering above your head that will tell them who you are.
- If you are sure your hunter or quarry saw you while being exposed, break the line of sight, hide and walk away.
- Learn the level layouts, this is extremely important as you will want to know which rooms are mostly filled if you wan’t to run away from a hunter or catch a Quarry.
- You can fast walk in Murderous Pursuits by holding down the space button.