Remnant: from the Ashes August 20/21 Patch Notes
The August 20th patch (for some it's on the 21st) is the first big patch since release and it introduced some serious buffs and nerfs, as well as bug improvements and some miscellaneous stuff.
August 20th Patch Summary
Mender's Charm area of effect heal got buffed. The Spitfire flamethrower got buffed with a higher rate of fire. Additionally, Particle Accelerator had it's buildup time increased but at the same time it can deal a LOT more damage. Ruin Rifle and Breath of the Desert were nerfed quite a bit, it's arguable whether they're top tier anymore. Stormcaller, Seed Caller, Iron Sentinel and Veil of the Black Tear received some buffs.
Also, something that went under the radar in the patch notes is that this patch introduced automatically activated Voice Chat and currently there's no way to disable it from in-game. Though, there are guides out there on how to disable it.
Update - devs quickly rolled another quick fix which apparently muted voice chat.
Full Patch Notes
Build 214293, source
- Mender's Charm range increased from 3m to 10m.
- Jewel of the Black Sun buffed.
- Spitfire alt fire (Flamethrower) fire-rate increased (MORE DMG!).
- Particle Accelerator alt fire (Gravity Core) buildup requirement increased.
- Particle Accelerator alt fire (Gravity Core) damage dramatically increased.
- Ruin alt fire (Undying) HP regeneration now scales with the Triage Trait (starts at 50%, max Triage to 100%).
- Ruin alt fire (Undying) buildup requirement increased.
- Ruin revive damage reduction reduced from 25% to 10%.
- Breath of the Desert damage reduced slightly and has a few additional cast-time frames.
- Stormcaller now reduces incoming damage by 50% and increases movement to near-sprint speed.
- Seed Caller (THE BOYS!) health increased from 80 to 150.
- Iron Sentinel damage and duration increased.
- Veil of the Black Tear base HP doubled.
- Swamp Swarm Host (Big Fat Guy) HP reduced & corrosion range reduced to better enable "no-hit" runs.
- Fixed The Ent's lack of aggression in alternate combat mode.
- Razorstone damage increase properly set to 100% (was accidentally set to 200% instead of 100%).
- When talking to Ravager, the fog wall will now disappear.
- Root Rot Mist (pink) no longer prevents you from aiming.
- Dying with the Undying Mod no longer removes the Curse of the Citadel debuff.
- Clients wearing the Ring of Evasion will not longer have infinite iFrames.
- Irradiated debuff now properly reduces any amount of stamina by half (instead of a flat 50).
- Fix for Sniper Rifle getting locked into scope mode.
- Dying on Root Horror no longer causes issues with other boss rewards showing up prematurely.
- Many fixes for Swarm/Breath of the Desert style mods allowing fire-rate exploits.
- Breath of the Desert no longer targets beams.
- Fix for end-game cinematic.
- Fix for getting knocked out of fuse-box interaction, causing door to remain permanently locked.
- Removed loot from breakables on Claviger.
- Implemented solution to prevent profiles from being corrupted.
- Properly cleared tactical points properly on end-play (causing some issues with bosses).
- Gave the goodboy in Rhom a few additional snacks.
- Achievements fixed (for PC).